Monday, January 4, 2010

Our Story


Boy meets girl while sitting in church, asks her out at FHE, and proposes on Temple grounds--it's your classic (Utah Valley) story. We started dating 2 years and 3 months ago (but who's counting?). There were plenty of ups and downs, but it was a journey we took together, and will now continue forever. On December 23, the nervous boy got down on one knee and asked this gorgeous girl to be his wife.

December 23 started just like any other day. I went to work and didn't think anything of the day. Dallin called during lunch and asked if he could bring me lunch. Let's be honest--if you know me, I can't say no to food. What I didn't expect was to see him walk in holding beautiful flowers for me. This wasn't too abnormal either though (Dallin made me add that sentence). He left and I went back to work, and thought that was the end of it...but luckily, I was wrong. I walked out to my car to find a note sitting on my windshield. It was the cutest and sweetest of all the notes Dallin has left me. I went home, changed, and went over to Dallin's house. We had dinner and played some games. We then headed to my house to watch the Utah bowl game. It was the end of the 3rd quarter and Dallin wanted to know if I wanted to go do one of our special December traditions, walking around the Provo Temple. I was surprised at his willingness to leave a football game, but he does hate the Utes, so it was believable. Before we drove to the temple, Dallin said he had to stop at his house to get a present he wanted me to open up there. I still had no clue what was going on, and the whole thing seemed pretty nonchalant.

We got to the temple (Dallin left the present in the car--it turned out to be a fake) and started walking around the fountains in the front, then we walked around to the back side. Dallin said, "What's that?", and had to point out a package with a rose on top of it. I had no idea how he made that present and rose happen. I opened it to find a picture of Christ. Dallin went on to tell me how excited he was to be with me forever....etc....really cute stuff. Then, next thing I know, he is down on one knee and pulled out the ring box from his sock...and yes the whole ring box (he's pretty proud of his sneakiness). I lost it at this point (Dallin thinks I should capitalize the words LOST IT)--I started making sounds I have never made before. I'm so glad it wasn't recorded. He stood up, said "I'll take that as a yes?", then gave me a big hug. He put the ring on my finger, pulled out his phone and started playing our song, and asked if he could have his first dance with his fiance. It was so cute and special, and he did such a great job. I couldn't have asked for anything better--and trust me, I have thought a lot about this A LOT.

We are getting married on March 12 and we couldn't be happier! I'm so in love, and I'm excited to start my life with my best friend.

6 comments:

  1. Shellee, so cute! Even though I already knew the story it was fun reading it again. These next 66 days are going to fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shellee I love your blog!! Especially your story!! I am so excited for you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shellee, a BLOG? Why didn't I know about this? I couldn't be happier too! Can't wait to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. agreed with riley. NICE. but now we need another update. wedding plans? engagements? fill the blogisphere in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just discovered your blog and am so excited that I have someone else to stalk. So update A LOT!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete