2 weeks ago
Monday, December 6, 2010
A Wicked time in New York
I've had a life-long dream of going to New York City, and especially seeing a Broadway show on Broadway. 8 months after getting married, my husband made both dreams come true! :) The week before Thanksgiving, Nu Skin held its Investor Day in New York City, and I was lucky enough to come along with Dallin for it. We took a ton of pictures and totally must have looked like the biggest tourists, but it was all worth it. These are some of the fun things we did.
We got to be on the Today Show (got on tv a few times!), and we met Al, Ann, and Meredith. Stayed at the legendary Waldorf Astoria hotel. Got to see the huge Christmas Tree and the ice skating rink at Rockefeller center. I got my make up done at Saks 5th Avenue (when I told the lady we were staying at the Waldorf, she perked up cause I think she thought we were rich! lol). Walked up and down Time Square a bunch of times. On Wednesday, while Dallin was in meetings all day, I was brave enough to take the subway by myself to China Town, So Ho, and Canal Street where I did some bartering and shopping -- I took Dallin down there on Friday and showed him the ropes. :)
We also stayed on the top floor (38th) at the Marriott Downtown, which was right next to Ground Zero -- really cool view of the construction going on there, and we also saw the Firemen Memorial and the 9/11 Memorial Preview Site. We ate a hot dog and rode a rickshaw through Central Park. Walked down Wall Street, passed the New York Stock Exchange, and saw the Merrill Lynch bull. Took the Staten Island Ferry to see the Statue of Liberty. Walked across the Brooklyn Bridge. Went to Radio City to see the Rockettes and their Christmas Spectacular. But the BEST part of the whole trip was Dallin surprising me by getting tickets to WICKED!!! I think Dallin almost loved it more than I did! :) It was an awesome trip, and now I can check New York City and seeing a real Broadway show off my bucket list!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Awesome pics!!! Looks like you guys had a blast.
ReplyDeleteYay! You are one lucky girl :) Sounds like an amazing trip!! Can't wait to see ya guys around Christmas!! :)
ReplyDelete