Saturday, we went on a run/walk with Tara and Gary who were visiting from New Mexico for the holiday. I thought it would be a quick little run/walk, but it turned into 3 miles. :) After our walk/run we went to some more soccer games, and then went down town to see the booths and games around the Courthouse. Dallin went to “Transformers” with his brothers and I hung out with the girls. I got this new crackle nail polish…love it! That night we watched the Stadium of Fire fireworks from Dallin’s parents’ house on the roof. It was awesome (great view up there!), and not only did we see those fireworks but watched all of the fireworks from the neighbors. The newly legal fireworks are awesome!
Sunday, Dallin went down early to help save the traditional Salmon spot for the parade, and thanks to him and Lincoln we got the same, awesome spot that the Salmons have claimed for over 10 years! Lincoln (and some other 6th Ward kids) spent the night to make sure we kept the spot. Monday came around and we got up early again for the Freedom Festival 5k run. Dallin, me, Dallin’s sister and her husband, my sister, mom and niece all ran the 5k. My dad and brother-in-law ran the 10k. I didn’t do as bad as I thought, thanks to Dallin staying with me and pushing me the whole time (he busted it for the final ½ mile). Then we went down to enjoy the parade, which was fun with all of our family, especially all the nieces and nephews. Afterward, we had a BBQ with my family which was really fun just hanging out and eating. Then after that we took off up to Park City to hang out with the Salmons. Ross and Karen got this really nice suite and we sat around, had dinner, and finished the night with a bunch of rounds of Werewolf (the Salmons’ new favorite game). It was a great (and very busy!) 4th of July weekend. If reading through that seemed hectically busy, imagine living it – needless to say, although the weekend was a blast, Dallin and I are just happy to have some alone time this week. :)
You went to a movie with "some friends" huh!!? They sound like two really special people...
ReplyDelete