Monday, August 22, 2011

More summer fun . . . just in time

Dallin and I are trying to enjoy the final weeks of summer before I head back to school. But to be honest, I’m really excited to start back up again – I only have two semesters left!!! Anyway, a few weeks ago we went camping up at Bear Lake with my family. My parents, brother, and sister all have trailers, so it was just Dallin and me in a tent in the middle of them all. :) We used our air mattress and had like 8 blankets – it was actually really awesome! The funny thing is that we seemed to always have the best night sleep out of everyone . . . although it definitely helps not having any kids yet. Bear Lake was packed full of fun things. We got to go horseback riding up in the mountains, which was AWESOME! I was so excited to go; I have only been one other time. I had the biggest horse of our group (Zem) – I could barely get on it! It was my sister’s first time on a horse so it was fun watching her have a good time too. Our two nieces, Melanee (7) and Alyssa (5), each rode their own horse! They had so much fun and were sad to leave at the end. The guys went golfing and shooting while the girls got to hang out in the sun, play games, and read (we were all reading “The Help”). We went out to dinner one night, played in the water (I got dumped by my brother twice), did the new go carts slick track (Garden City), and cooked lots and lots of s’mores. Oh yeah – and Dallin brought a sick-looking fake rat and fake snake to scare people all week long. He got my mom really good with everyone’s help (and had his video camera set up; we’d post the video but I don’t want to embarrass her). It was a really fun trip and glad we had the chance to spend time with our family.













No comments:

Post a Comment