Monday, August 22, 2011

Dallin the Handyman

Last week, we took our white car in for emissions and safety inspection . . . and we failed. I was really bummed because they gave us long and EXPENSIVE list of things we needed to fix. Actually, only one thing was required for us to pass (replace a broken motor mount), but of course it was the most expensive – $240! To fix everything on the list would have cost us over $550! Well, our brother-in-law Russ knows a ton about cars so Dallin took the car over there on Saturday and they worked on it together for almost 5 hours. They fixed almost everything on the list (and did a few other things too) for a total of only $165! I guess they went and bought the new motor mount for $94 (and took about 20 minutes to replace the broken one), so we saved $146 just on that one thing alone! It was awesome of Russ to help, and Dallin thought he was so cool for getting all dirty/greasy and fixing the car. I was definitely proud of him for learning how to do that stuff, and especially for getting our car to pass inspection. :)


2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! That's soooo cool...and just so you know...I had to fix my broken motor mount before I went to Canada in July...if only I had known you had a brother-in-law who could do that!! I would have split the savings with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so feel you with this post. Ugh. Our truck/car have cost us around $900 this time. So lame...

    But yay for finding your blog! I'll be watching. (creepy)

    ReplyDelete