Sunday, August 26, 2012

Spring/Summer Update

Well, I thought I’d blog more once I was done with school…but I guess I got worse. :) So I’ll just highlight some really fun activities we’ve done this year. Oh, and we lost a camera and the other one is broken…so all I have are pictures from my phone. We went on a great Salmon family trip in Feb to Disneyland – my favorite place on earth! It was so much fun watching all the Salmon nieces and nephews discovering the wonders of Disney. We loved feeling like little kids again and going on all the rides. After Disney we even made it to the beach and LA temple.
In April, I graduated from UVU with my Bachelors of Science in Community Health. It’s a weird feeling being done, and as I see all the students getting ready to go back to school this fall I realize I kind of miss school already. I got a new full-time job about a month ago as a Health Advocate at the IHC clinic where I’ve worked as a medical assistant for about four years. I now get to work one-on-one with patients who are diagnosed with depression, diabetes, and asthma . I help provide them with valuable community resources, and I help educate them on how to best deal with and treat these diseases.
One of my favorite holidays already came and went. I LOVE the 4th of July, and we had so much fun doing all the fun activities in Provo! We went to the Balloon Festival, the Freedom Festival Parade, the booths, mini golf, and fireworks. We decided this year to make our own 4th of July t-shirts. Dallin picked his design (Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Slayer) and I went with something slightly more traditional (fireworks).
The Garlicks did a fun trip to Jackson Hole with the whole family. It was so fun to have everyone together— we went on some hikes up in the Grand Tetons, did some shopping (of course), watched the street gun fight, saw Elk and Bison, and went on the Alpine slide.
Another highlight of this summer has been going to two nieces’ baptisms. Melanee and Haley both turned eight this summer, and we are so proud of both of them. We’re excited for the example they’ve set for all their younger siblings/cousins, and especially for our little baby girl. :)

1 comment: