Friday, May 14, 2010

Weekend Get-A-Ways . . . from each other :(

Dallin and I spent our first night apart since we got married this last weekend. I went down to St. George with my family to watch the IronMan, and Dallin went on a guys’ trip. The IronMan was amazing - 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and a 26.2 mile run. I was going to help with medical but I didn’t get down there in time which is ok—I’m already planning for next year. My dad’s really good friend ran/swim/biked in it so we went down to the finish line to watch him cross. We saw some really amazing people cross the finish line. We saw this guy who fell off his bike, broke his collarbone and still finished the race. We also saw this couple who did the race together, they crossed the finish line, and then the guy got down on one knee and popped the question. The whole time I was in St. George, Dallin was in Mesquite having a great time. They hung out in the pool, went bowling, and watched basketball. It was really hard not sleeping in the same bed as him and not waking up to him next to me—I didn’t sleep at all that whole time. Dallin wasn’t much better—for the first time in our marriage, he didn’t remember any dreams when he woke up. Now he says I’m his dream genie. :) But all is well because he’s back—I don’t know how I’ll live with him in Chicago in a few weeks! Just give me a few more months/years and I’ll be just fine when he leaves out of town.

1 comment:

  1. I think that's why they call it the Ironman...I volunteered for the Provo half-Ironman...or whatever they called it. SERIOUS athletes...amazing! Glad you're still lovin' my nephew...and he you!!

    ReplyDelete