Dallin took me to my first-ever BYU volleyball game this year, one of our many “firsts” as a couple. We went with Dallin’s Dad, brother (Jordan), sister (Chandra) and her now husband Roland. The game was pretty fun, but it would’ve been better if we won.
Right after the BYU volleyball game we went to Provo High’s prom. Okay, we didn’t go, but we did go see Dallin’s little brother Lincoln and his date walk down the library steps at promenade. We watched couples for about 30 min and only saw one girl fall – not bad. :)
Easter came and went so fast. Last year, the Easter Bunny came and gave each of us a movie. Dallin thought it was my parents who snuck downstairs to set out our baskets, and he was a little unnerved ‘til he found out it was me…silly Dallin. So despite Dallin’s nervousness, the Easter Bunny came again. He was so nice and left me a new swimsuit and game (Reverse Charades!), and Dallin got a new book (Millionaire Next Door). After that, we had an Easter egg hunt at the Salmon’s and got tons of candy and gum. It was so much fun feeling like a little kid again.
Dallin is now a quarter-of-a-century old – he turned the big 25 on April 26. I asked him what he wanted to do and he said nothing (typical Salmon). But if you know me, that won’t fly. So, we went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse (so GOOD), one of Dallin’s favorite places. They made him sit on the saddle and everything while everyone gave a big YEE-HAW! I thought the night was so fun and I think Dallin liked it more than he lets on. :) As for his birthday gift, for months now I’ve been saving up money to get Dallin’s birthday gift. I knew I wanted to get him some golf clubs but I had no idea what to even look for. So I asked my sister-in-law Jessica, who loves golfing and is really good at it, and she helped me find some nice clubs for him. Dallin has already used them a couple times, so I’m glad I got them for him.
I was able to join my niece Melanee and the rest of the 1st graders in her school on a field trip to the Hogle Zoo. I love the zoo, but I thought it would be boring or hard to watch these kids on a fieldtrip. Don’t get me wrong, the kids were hyper, but my sister (Mindee) and I were only in charge of 3 (including my niece), so it wasn’t so bad. The day was really fun, talking about all of the different animals and seeing these kids light up. Melanee’s little crush was in our group so I had to take a picture of them together. She told me she’s going to marry him or someone like him. :) I think the tigers were my favorite part of the whole zoo, because we got so close to them.
So while I was with the 1st graders at the zoo, Dallin got to go with the boys of the 6th ward on a scouting trip to Goblin Valley, just for one night. Dallin said it was freezing cold at night, but the trip was still a lot of fun. They played lots of games (tag, steal-the-flag) and went on a few really cool hikes. I think Dallin’s favorite part was just being able to hang out with his brother Lincoln the whole time.
No comments:
Post a Comment