Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Festival of Colors

Last Saturday, Dallin took me to my first Festival of Colors at the Hare Krishna temple down in Spanish Fork. Dallin has gone before with some buddies, but I had never been. I was definitely a little nervous about going because I wasn’t super excited about getting the color in my hair and face. I'm so glad I went though because it was SO MUCH FUN! We invited some of Dallin's family to come with us – not everyone could come, and we ended up going with Jason and Shannon and their girls. Shannon and Brynlee came as spectators (not a bad option), and watched as we got all colored up. Haley loved it and really got into it – she had some sunglasses and a mask for protection, and she looked so cute. We were all pretty much completely covered with colors by the time it was over. We had such a great time, I think the only thing I didn't like was doing the laundry afterwards. I had to bleach/wash our shirts 4 times to get the color out. Now I know why Dallin told me to wear something I could probably just throw away afterwards! :) Next year we'll have to make sure we get more people to come with us, and do it all over again! :) Hare Krishna!




No comments:

Post a Comment