Tuesday, November 8, 2011

BYU Football – what else? :)

I know it has been forever since I lasted blogged, but with mid-terms just ended and me now having a bit of a break I thought I should update before it was too late. As always, a lot has happened since our last post so this post is mostly pictures (the best kind of post!).
Fall is easily my favorite time of the year. I love the cool weather, watching the leaves change, and of course it’s the start of BYU football. Dallin and I got season tickets this year (Dallin says we’re “mini-boosters”) with Dallin’s brother and his wife (Ryan and Jess). It has been so much fun going and watching the games. We’ve even made friends with the couple that sits right behind us—Dallin gave him a hug and they jumped up and down together after “the tip” at the Utah State game. :) In the 5 years we’ve been together, we’ve only had one season of BYU football where we didn’t have season tickets (we still went to tons of games, but season tickets feel more official).


So, Dallin has set a new goal that he wants to go to at least one away game a season. He was lucky enough to talk my dad, brother (Ryan), and brother-in-law (Russ) into going to the BYU vs Oregon State football game a couple weeks ago. They left early Friday morning and got back Sunday. They ate at VooDoo doughnuts, saw the Occupy Portland protestors, toured the Tillamook Cheese Factory, toured the Air Museum, visited the beach, and ate at a pub. From all the pictures and stories, it sounds like they had a great time. I was really sad (and a bit mad) I couldn’t go with them, but boys will be boys! Instead, all the girls hung out and went to Thanksgiving Point to CornBelly’s. It was fun watching the kids run around and play on the hay. The girls even entered the Pumpkin Princess Contest; they were the cutest little princesses I ever did see! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment