Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The One Year Mark – Already!

I can't believe Dallin and I have already been married over a year. Time really does fly by, especially when you’re having fun. :) There are days when I feel like we just got married, and then other days I feel like we have been married forever (perhaps because we pretty much have been together forever…), but I wouldn't change anything about it. I love Dallin more today than I did on our wedding day. I won’t lie, he continues to impress me with how hard working and dedicated he is. I think my favorite part of being married is our pillow talk we have before we go to sleep. :)
Anyway, for our anniversary Dallin took over and planned the whole weekend. We went up to SLC to spend the night. I didn't know for sure what we were going to do but Dallin had it all planned out. We went out to dinner and then went to a musical "A Tale of Two Cities" at the Hale Center Theater. I wasn't completely looking forward to it because I didn't know anything about it, but that changed quickly. The play was so amazing, I loved every minute of it! I also knew how much Dallin loved me because he missed the BYU vs. New Mexico tournament game (when Jimmer dropped 52) to take me to the play. True love for sure. The next morning we went to the Salt Lake temple to do a session and sealings. Neither of us had been to a live session before – it was really neat and the inside of the temple was so incredible and pretty. I’m so glad we did sealings – I didn't cry on our wedding day, but I did get a little teary-eyed in there. Finally, when we came home, I walked in the door and there were a dozen tulips sitting on the table with a present next to them (Dallin loves getting sneaky and having other people help him surprise me). The present was a nice journal with a picture of the Salt Lake temple on it – so it was all part of one big plan! Dallin says the traditional 1-year gift is paper, and the modern 1-year gift is a clock, so the journal was kind of a combination of the two. :) The whole weekend was amazing, and I loved being able to just spend the time with my husband. I can't wait for many, many more anniversaries to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment