Thursday, March 10, 2011

Happenings

The last two weeks have gone by really fast and Dallin and I were able to do a lot of fun things. We got invited to attend the Utah County Republican Lincoln Day Dinner. Nu Skin sponsored a table and Dallin scored some tickets – we’re always excited about a sweet, free dinner. We didn't really know at first what the dinner was for, but quickly found out once we walked into the room and saw Mike Lee, Orrin Hatch, Jason Chafetz, and many, many, many other politicians. We stayed long enough to hear Senator Hatch speak, took a quick picture as evidence, and took off.


Two Sundays ago we attended my cousin's (Steve) homecoming. He just got home from serving in the Washington DC South Mission. He did an awesome job on his homecoming talk – he has definitely grown so much and it was so great to see him. As proof of how small the Utah, Mormon world is . . . earlier in the week, I was talking to some friends in my health class about my cousin coming home and I was going to his homecoming, and I found out one of the girls wrote Steve on his mission and the other is from Washington DC and had Steve over for dinner a few times! It’s a small, small world…after all. :)

So Steve’s younger brother is currently in the MTC getting ready to leave to his mission. Well, we knew what time on Sunday he would walk around the temple…so we thought we would walk around the temple at the same time. We got up there and waited for like 20 minutes. We must have seen over 300 missionaries, which it was awesome to see all of them, but they weren’t exactly what we went for. :) Finally, we decided to just leave because we hadn't seen him. As we were walking out, guess who we ran into (purely my coincidence)...my cousin! It was awesome. He looked all grown up and so good. We took a picture and bragged about it to his parents.


Last Thursday was Karen’s (Dallin’s mom) birthday. Dallin asked her if this is finally the year she turns 30, but she said she’s still only turning 29. :) The whole Salmon family got together to celebrate on Saturday – we ate pizza, had cake and ice cream, opened presents, and watched the BYU basketball game. Dallin and I were in charge of making the cake – it ended up looking pretty bad, but I’m told it tasted great! Ha ha, oh well…I guess the taste is what really matters. It was a fun day.



Last Saturday, Dallin scored sweet, courtside tickets to the Jazz vs. Kings game. That’s right – courtside seats! I’ve never been so close before. It was awesome having our feet right on the floor. We got a sweet dinner before the game started, and snacks during halftime. We took a ton of pictures. What made it even better was the Jazz pulling out an exciting OT victory. I'll be honest; I was busy watching the Jazz Bear for a lot of the time. There was a little girl, about 18 months old, that Bear picked up and played with. She didn't cry the whole time he had her, and it was at least a couple minutes. When he finally gave her back to her parents she started blowing kisses to him. It was so cute. So it was a fun night, and it was just awesome going with Dallin and having such great seats. :)





Oh yeah, last but definitely not least…Dallin's little sister is getting married!! I’ll leave the story and everything to Chan, but she and Roland are getting married on May 6th. Can’t wait! :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you guys got courtside seats! I'm not going to lie, Blake and I were a little jealous :) but that's way fun for you guys. Looks like you two have had an exciting couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete